Production Blog: Filming

 Today my group embarked on our second day of filming. Today the weather and conditions looked ideal and we were excited to approach the day. These great conditions inspired me to move expeditiously to collect my costume and the costume of my groupmates. Then I collected the props required of me for my project, then I traveled to the setting of my film. Once I arrived at the setting I met with my group and waited for the remaining actors to arrive. Once they did so we leisurely headed to the elevator to film as the indoor nature and good conditions provided us with no reason to hurry. Once we finally reached the elevator for filming arranged for me to watch over the vacancy of elevators and hallways to prevent an unpleasant encounter with residents. This strategy succeeded as the lookout was able to call out residents successfully every time they were present. After filming this scene we began to film our scenes in the stairwell. These scenes were much easier to film as the stairwells are almost always completely empty and there were no encounters. Despite this smooth description of events though my group did have to employ our safety protocol as one of our group members fell and sustained a minor injury on the stairs. Immediately after this, we supplemented our groupmate with bandages and cleaned the wound with the equipment we possessed on hand. After this, we headed up to the roof of the building to film one of our final shots. Once we reached the roof after a long period of climbing the stairs to reach the roof and we began to identify which area of the roof in which we would film. Once we began filming the shot it took many attempts to get the correct angling and emotion in the scene. Despite this when we achieved the shot we desired we realized that the audio quality was too poor. Due to this in our final shot, we evolved to yelling to create the desired audio and sonic environment. Overall it was a very successful day of filming that produced a lot of new footage to utilize. We also are prepared to complete our editing and finalize our project. Today's day of filming has made me grateful for my actors and those in my group.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Production Blog: Editing