Changes Made From Film Review

After reviewing my film extensively my group concurred there were numerous areas to be improved upon. This includes issues with audio and poor transitions. The primary issue my group needed to tackle was the poor audio quality. Throughout our entire project, the audio levels were often poor or low quality which hindered the viewing experience. These issues were highlighted in the elevator and parking garage scenes. However, after a long period of editing, we corrected our mistakes and the audio after a long period of recalibration. However, after the fix was completed and we rewatched our film, we noticed that the audio sounded quite grainy. Because of this, we wound up reshooting the same audio clips over and over again in chase of the perfect sound. After we deemed this impossible to fix I suggest we try a new voice recording software rather than voice memos. This instantly solved the issue of our audio and we moved on to the next issue. The review of our film also highlighted some other errors such as the scene in which the main character falls into the pool. This scene was an easy fix, however, as the main character possessed all of the props necessary to film the shot and all that was required of me was to travel to the setting and film another shot of the scene. This was quite well as we captured the desired take on the second try. Finally, my group aimed to increase the quality of camera work in the POV car scene. To do this I gathered one of my groupmates and instructed them to drive along the same route as the previous take. This took a few attempts however upon the arrival of the desired take not only was the shot improved but so was my camera work. This solved most of the issues of my film and ensured my success upon its submission. The previous reflection upon my project greatly impacted the way it currently looks. These changes mostly sprouted from the sound design of my film due to its evolution throughout the project. This reflection process impacted my final project to an immeasurable extent and its positive effects have been enormous.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Production Blog: Editing